Who says procrastination can make a person dull?

Getting This Blog Indexed...At Least Initially

I've noticed there's a couple of posts here already, so I guess this blog's decent (or, at least has some content) enough to merit being indexed in a search engine. No, I'm not talking about page rank and SEO and what have you...at least not yet. I'm talking about getting your blog indexed in the major search engines so that their creepy crawlers can start to trawl this site for content.

Submitting the Blog to Google
Okay...so there are actually 2 ways you can submit your blog to Google. First is through the "submit your site" option. This is how the page looks here:


It's pretty straightforward, actually. Just add the URL of your blog's home page and you're good to go.

The second way is through Blog Search, a blog-only version of the standard Google search engine on its beta stage. You can read more about Google Blogs here. Anyway, the submission page is just as easy peasy as the first one:

I'm supposed to add this blog to Yahoo and Bing too, but I do have to go back to reading the 368-page research proposals I have to mine valuable data from... (yeah, I'm procrastinating from procrastinating, duh).

0 little piggies:

Post a Comment

Wanna Say Hi?

 
Powered by Blogger